Anne Arundel County Public Library
Regular Staff Network/Database Specialist
1 Opening Library Headquarters – IT Department
- Grade-17GB – 40 hour/week
- Salary Range: $46,594 - $72,054
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of computers, networks, and computer applications normally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science or related area and at least one year of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and training that has provided the knowledge, abilities, and skills listed in the attached job description.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: This is highly skilled technical and professional work in the design, development, operation, testing and maintenance of the Library's computer systems, database applications and internal system applications, including PC software and the administration of various types of computer networks for use by staff and public customers. This position assists in the system administration of the Library's vendor provided Integrated Library System running in a SaaS environment. Responsibilities include providing direct support to the Library Hardware/Software Specialists in the maintenance of the desktop infrastructure and the operation and maintenance of network components in support of desktop configurations.
Responsible for proactively managing the Library's IT systems and applications providing software solutions to accelerate problem resolution, enable system updates and data collection; Analyzes and troubleshoots database problems, the integrated library systems, desktop configurations; Assists network management and operations; working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities; demonstrated ability to implement and maintain computer networks; Demonstrated ability to work with database environments, Access, SQL, MySQL; working knowledge of email systems, Active Directory; Knowledge of LAN/WAN Config, network server hardware, infrastructure, security, Windows operating systems; Windows 7, XP.
- TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and completed AACPL Employment Application Form to Terry Bowen, Chief of Human Resources, at email@example.com. All required application materials must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. February 4, 2013. For more information about AACPL and to download the AACPL employment application form (Library Information/Job &Volunteer Opportunities) please visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net .
Anne Arundel County Public Library is committed to diversity in the workplace. Anne Arundel County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Library's policy is to treat all applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national or ancestral origin, sexual orientation, and/or disability in accordance with applicable laws. If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at (410-222-7107) or ( www.mdrelay.org ).