Do you live, work, attend school or own property in Maryland? If so you’re eligible to apply for a free Anne Arundel County Public Library card.
- Fill out the online form and get a temporary library card number, which will allow you to access digital content for 60 days or until you get a permanent library card.
Apply In Person
- Fill out a library card application at any Anne Arundel County Public Library Location. You will have to provide valid identification.
- Download a print version of our library card application and bring the completed form with valid identification to any Anne Arundel County Public Library location.
What kind of Identification is needed to get a library card?
Photo identification that establishes identity and proof of a Maryland address.
- To establish identity, you must present any one of the following credentials. The credential must be current (unexpired) and have a permanently affixed photograph.
- U.S. or foreign state driver’s license
- Government- or employer-issued identification card
- Student identification card
- Passport or consular identification card
- To establish residential address, you must present any one of the following items (electronic versions are acceptable):
- An identity credential showing a residential address
- Current lease or rental agreement
- Voter registration
- Utility, telephone, credit card, or bank statement
- Vehicle registration card or title
- Pay stub issued within the past 30 days
- First-class mail postmarked within the past 30 days
A Maryland issued driver's license or Maryland issued identification card with current address would satisfy identity and proof of Maryland address.
Virtual library cards expire after sixty days, Educator’s library cards expire annually; all other library cards will expire after two years of inactivity. If your card has expired, please visit any Anne Arundel County Public Library branch in person, with identification that has your current address.