3D Printing Services Policy
Anne Arundel County Public Library aims to be a center of creativity and innovation in Maryland. We provide tools and opportunities for our customers to learn about and use new and emerging technologies.
- Customers may have objects printed on the 3D printers at a cost of $0.25 per gram of object weight, plus tax.
- The Library’s 3D printers may be used only for lawful purposes.
- Only library staff will directly operate the 3D printer.
- The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request, such as those that infringe established intellectual property rights or produce objects prohibited by local, state or federal law, including but not limited to visual depictions of sexually explicit content, as defined by 18 U.S. Code § 2256.
- The Library will not use 3D printers to print weapons or parts of weapons, as defined by the AACPL Weapons Policy.
- By submitting a 3D print request, the customer warrants that he holds all intellectual property rights to the source file and the object being printed. The customer shall defend, indemnify and hold the Library and its employees harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses or suits including attorney fees, arising out of or in connection with the existence or use of any object printed with the Library’s 3D printer service.
- The Library is not responsible for the functionality or quality of objects produced on the 3D printer.
- The Library reserves the right to use the 3D printing service for demonstrations, classes and programs, during which they will be temporarily unavailable to the public.
Adopted October 18, 2018 by the Anne Arundel County Public Library Board of Trustees. (Update to policy adopted June 16, 2016.)