Self Check Out in Your Pocket - AACPL Checkout
Did you know that you can check out library materials using your phone? Try AACPL Checkout to borrow library materials using your phone or tablet.
AACPL Checkout is the easiest way to checkout library books, magazines, DVDs and more from your Anne Arundel County Public Library. A simple, one-time login with your library card and PIN and you’re all set to scan your library items with your phone or tablet. Skip the lines at the customer service desk—AACPL Checkout is fast, easy and convenient. AACPL Checkout is available for download for all iOS, Android and BlackBerry World devices.
Using the AACPL Checkout App
- Make sure you are connected to the WiFi network in the library
- Touch START at the welcome screen
- Scan or enter your library card number and pin when prompted
- Use the "+" button at the top of the checkout screen to checkout library items.
- Tips: Fit the entire barcode in the viewfinder. Hold your phone about 6" away from the barcode and hold the phone steady. Give the camera time to focus. Tilt the phone to avoid glare on the barcode. Use flash in low light.
- Ask library staff for help if needed.