November is Native American Heritage Month, a month-long celebration of the rich traditions, history, and cultures of the Indigenous peoples of the Americas. Anne Arundel County Public Library honors Native American Heritage Month this November by sharing books to read, providing resources to learn from, and hosting events that celebrate the important contributions of Native Americans and their diverse heritage.
Celebrate Native American Heritage Month at your local library by attending fun, educational events!
- Unearth Native American archaeology in Anne Arundel County with an expert archaeologist.
- Play traditional Native American games.
- Explore Native American heritage and culture through stories, songs, movement, and dance.
- Journey through time and experience the night sky as Indigenous peoples did at our Cosmic Adventures Planetarium.
- Discover East Baltimore’s vibrant, intertribal Native American community.
- Learn about the Earth and her animal children with Dovie Thomason, Native storyteller.
Visit our Native American Heritage Month events calendar for a complete list of programs.
Enrich your knowledge of Native American history and cultures using the library’s digital resources!
- Find biographical information about historical Native American figures like Sitting Bull, Chief Joseph, and Sacagawea using our Biography database.
- Explore Native Americans in the context of American history using our U.S. History databases.
- Learn about Native American rights, social issues, and cultural differences using our Diversity Studies and Opposing Viewpoints databases.
- Stream films featuring Native American actors and culture using Kanopy.
Choose your next read from our lists of books by Native American authors!