All library locations are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will reopen July 6 with curbside pickup available June 8.
No fines will be charged while libraries are closed. More information.
Local Genealogy Research
Local resources for Annapolis, Anne Arundel County and Maryland
- Maryland Gold Star collection has materials about Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, and Maryland. Temporarily held at the Truxal Library at Anne Arundel Community College.
- Kuethe Library - research center with over 4,000 books, many photographs, maps, CDs, and obituary, bible, and church record collections specific to Anne Arundel County.
- Anne Arundel County Genealogical Society - promotes genealogical and family history research in Anne Arundel County.
- Ann Arrundell County Historical Society - collections of books, photographs, documents and artifacts specific to Anne Arundel County.
- Maryland Land Records - provides up-to-date access to all verified land record instruments in Maryland.
- Maryland State Archives - a repository for records of state, county and municipal governments, including vital records, maps, and photographs.
- Maryland State Law Library - The State Law Library, Maryland's oldest law library, features one of the State's most extensive collections of legal and government information resources.
- Maryland Historical Society - collections online and in their building related to the history of Maryland.
- Maryland Archives - online access to the indices through the Maryland State Archives Vital Records Indexing Project. Provided are county death record indices from 1898-1944, and Baltimore City death record indices 1875-1970. It costs $25 to order an actual record from the Maryland Archives.
Ask a Question
Search our FAQs, or email our librarians with information or account questions through the Ask a Question service.