The Eastport-Annapolis Neck Library will be opening at 2 pm today.
Library Cards are available free of charge to anyone who lives, works or owns property in Maryland. Please present valid photo identification when registering.
- Museum passes and Wi-Fi Hotspots: one each may be checked out on one account at one time.
- Children under 14 years of age need the signature of a parent or guardian to apply for a library card.
- Limited DVD cards are available for children up to age 16 at the request of the parent. The limited
- DVD cards restrict DVDs rated "R" by the Motion Picture Association of America, and "TV-MA" by the TV
- Parental Guidelines Monitoring Board.
- The library does not assume the parental responsibility for children's choices of library materials.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to supervise and help their children in using library materials.
- Anne Arundel County Public Library cards are valid at any branch in the county system, and at other
- Maryland public libraries, subject to their registration process, policies and regulations.
- Library cards will expire after two years of nonuse.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately to prevent unauthorized use. You are responsible for any items checked out on your library card until it is reported lost or stolen.
- Notify the library if you change your name, address, phone number or email address.
- A library card and PIN is needed to use public computers in all library branches.
Loan Periods are three weeks for most items. You will receive a list of items checked out and their
due dates. An extended loan may be possible upon request.
- Some popular fiction and non-fiction titles may only be borrowed for seven days.
- Entertainment DVDs, Museum passes and WiFI Hotspots may only be borrowed for seven days.
Holds can be placed free of charge on materials not currently available or on materials available at other library branches in the county. Materials can be borrowed from other library systems in Maryland and across the country through Interlibrary Loan (a fee may apply).*
Renewals are available for most materials up to five times unless there is a hold on the item. The new due date is calculated from the day of renewal. Renewals may be limited for items obtained through Interlibrary Loan*. (*You will not be able to place a hold or renew materials without staff assistance if you have more than $15 in fines on your account.)
Notification about overdue materials and items on hold is available via SMS text message or email. Notification includes a courtesy date due reminder notice three days before your items are due. If you do not provide a valid cell phone number or email address, you will not be notified of holds or overdue items. This does not excuse you from paying any fines and fees incurred on your account.
Account Information is accessible remotely. You can review the list of items you have placed on hold, check for items being held at your local branch, renew materials and check your account for overdue materials. You must have your library card number and PIN for all transactions. Access your account here.
Damage to home equipment (DVD players, etc.) due to the use of library material is not the responsibility of the library. Replacement copies are not accepted as substitutes for lost, missing or
damaged item fees.
Most material can be returned to any branch in the county or any public library system in Maryland. Interlibrary loan material and museum passes must be returned to any branch of the Anne Arundel County Public Library.
Book Drops are available for your convenience and are open 24/7. If material deposited in the book drop is overdue, the fines will automatically appear on your account.
Fines are charged for each day an item is overdue, excluding Sundays, holidays and days that the library system is closed. Fines will not be charged on AACPL's children or young adult materials. Customers will be responisible for collection agency fees associated with lost and damaged materials.
If your account balance is $15 or more, you will be referred to a collection agency after 45 days. A $5 (for balances under $25) or $20 referral fee will automatically be added to your account balance. If your account is blocked or in collection you must pay 20% to checkout or renew material.
- Magazines: 30¢/day, $5 maximum**
- Entertainment and TV series DVDs: $1/day, $15 maximum**
- All other materials: 30¢/day, $15 maximum (** or the value of the item, whichever is lower)
Customers are responsible for the cost of lost or damaged material.
The library accepts cash, checks and credit cards for all payments. Payments can also be made online using the library's SmartPay system.
All information on this page is subject to change. Signs posted in branches will supersede this schedule of charges.