All library locations will be closed through May 3 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information.
How to search Marina and request materials:
- Access Marina through the Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) website top navigation bar. Under Books & More select Interlibrary loans/Marina.
- Type your library card number in the text box and press "enter" (do not use spaces between the numbers).
- The search screen you see is a simple search. There is also an advanced search option.
- Type your search terms and press "enter."
- From the results, select the desired title. Choose an item that does not show ANNE (the Marina abbreviation for AACPL) as a supplier.
- The detailed results will show if there are copies of the title available from a library in the Marina system.
- Select a pickup location and click "Request."
- Use the notes field to convey a specific deadline if applicable. If you need the material in two weeks or less, speak with a staff member at a Library about your request.
How to check your Marina account:
- Log on with your library card number (no spaces)
- Click on the account icon on the top right of the page. In the dropdown menu, Click "My Account."
- You will see a summary of items that you have requested and the status of those items.
To return to the search/request screen:
- Close the window with your account information by clicking on the "x" in the upper right-hand corner or,
- Minimize the window by clicking on the "-".
How to cancel a Marina request:
- Cancellations of outstanding Marina requests must be made by a staff member. Cancellation requests can be made in person, by phone, or online by using the Email A Librarian service.
How to initiate an Interlibrary Loan request if you cannot find the title in Marina:
AACPL can request materials from public and academic libraries throughout the country. To place a request, connect with AACPL Information staff in person, by phone or online by using Email A Librarian.