Print-Copy-Scan-Fax Service - Self-service kiosks are available at all Anne Arundel County Public Library branches to allow customers to print, copy, scan, or fax documents. Because the kiosks are attached to the Library’s Internet service, customers using these kiosks also agree to follow the Library’s Computer and Internet Policy.
Temporary change approved by the Board of Library Trustees, June 18, 2020: Customers may print up to 10 black and white pages per day, at no charge.
- Customers may print or copy documents at a cost of $0.20 per page for black-and-white prints, or $1.00 per page for color prints. Faxes may be transmitted only within the U.S.A. and at a cost of $1.00 per page plus a connection fee of $1.00 per transmission. Scanning may be done at no cost.
- Copies and prints are produced only on the media listed on the printer’s display or computer dialog screens. Customers may not introduce their own paper, labels, transparencies, or any other media into the Library’s printers.
- The Library’s print-copy-scan-fax service may be used only for lawful purposes.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse or interrupt any activity on the print-copy-scan-fax service, such as that which:
(1) infringes established intellectual property rights, or
(2) contains visual depictions which are pornographic as defined in the Library’s Computer and Internet Policy.
- By using the Library’s print-copy-scan-fax service, the customer warrants that he holds appropriate intellectual property rights to the document being printed, copied, scanned, or faxed. The customer shall defend, indemnify and hold the Library and its employees harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses or suits including attorney fees, arising out of or in connection with the existence of any document or computer file he produces or transmits with the Library’s print-copy-scan-fax service.
- The customer retains the sole responsibility and duty for confirming delivery of a fax to the intended recipient. In no event shall the Library, including its employees and affiliates, be liable for losses or damages of any kind suffered by the customer or any third party resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong deliveries, service interruptions, performance or failure of the fax service.
- Customers must use their own storage media for scanned documents.
Temporary policy changes approved by the Anne Arundel County Public Library Board of Trustees August 13, 2020
Adopted October 20, 2016, by the Anne Arundel County Public Library Board of Trustees.