Just in time for what some sources call "National Play Your Ukulele Day" on May 2, we are excited to announce that Glen Burnie Regional Library will begin offering ukulele kits for customers to check out.
In early 2017, the Baltimore Ukulele Club approached AACPL, hoping to use Glen Burnie Regional Library for a monthly strum. We welcomed the group and made it a partnership. The Club then approached Kala Ukuleles, who donated 8 beautiful soprano size ukuleles, in a variety of colorful designs, to the Glen Burnie branch.
- Each kit includes a soprano ukulele (in a padded bag), a tuner and a helpful quick reference card.
- Kits circulate only at Glen Burnie Regional Library. Customers can call Glen Burnie to ask for availability.
- They must be returned to Glen Burnie Library and cannot be returned in the book drop.
- Checkout is 21 days. The kits can be renewed, but only if there is another kit already available at the branch.
- A beginner's book, Essential Elements for Ukulele by Marty Gross, is available for kit users
We are very excited about this new program and so was our first customer to borrow a ukulele kit, Carter. Come by Glen Burnie Regional Library to give your ukulele skills a try.