All Libraries will be closed Sunday, January 19, and Monday, January 20, in observation of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Improve your English or learn another language with Rosetta Stone Library Solution. This is an effective, easy-to-use program that allows you to learn a new language on your own time.
You must use the button above to navigate to the login page each time you wish to use the Rosetta Stone, even when you have the mobile application installed.
Choose from 30 languages:
*These five language still require using Flash. Please see below for more info on how to allow Flash in your browser.
Rosetta Stone PC or Mac Installation and Use:
- Click Rosetta Stone Library Solution or the logo above.
- On the EBSCO page, click the Rosetta Stone Library Solution link
- If accessing Rosetta Stone outside the library, you will be prompted to enter your Anne Arundel County Public Library card number.
- Once on the Rosetta Stone page, enter your email address and password. If this is your first time using Rosetta Stone you need to enter your email address and enter a password that is at least 6 letters plus at least one number. Then choose the language you would like to start learning. Click Sign In.
- Note: After you begin and you decide that you want to switch to a new language, you must first log out of Rosetta Stone and then log back in and choose a new language.
- Once inside the Language Suite; click Launch Rosetta Stone Foundations. You will then be prompted to choose the language and level. Then you can choose your course; you can choose to focus on speaking, reading, or writing.
Rosetta Stone for PC is only available using the latest versions of Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox in addition to Internet Explorer 11. Rosetta Stone requires the use of Flash when using Internet Explorer 11 or when learning one of the five languages specified in the list above. Click here to learn how to allow Flash in your browser. Use these links to download the latest version of your favorite browser:
Rosetta Stone Mobile App
Please note: You must use the link from our website each time to use the Rosetta Stone application.
- Open your App store on your mobile device.
- Search for Rosetta Stone.
- Download the Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone app.
- DO NOT launch the app once installed.
- Next, open your web browser.
- Click the Use Rosetta Stone Library Solution button or the logo above to go to the Rosetta Stone portal. You will always need to access the Rosetta Stone app this way. If you open the app using its icon on your device, you will log into a demo account by default.
- Click the Rosetta Stone Library Solution link on the page that loads
Log in page:
- If it is your first time logging in, enter your email address and a password of your choice, otherwise login with the username and password you set at your first login.
- Choose your language
- Click Sign In
- Click the Launch Rosetta Stone Language Foundations link
- Your device may ask if it is ok to open an application, click Yes or Open
- The Rosetta Stone app will then launch.
- It may take up to a minute for the application to open. DO NOT select any option asking you to sign in or create an account at this point of the process.
- You will know the application has opened when the lession options are displayed.
Rosetta Stone Support Page: Select "School" then scroll to the bottom for Call, Email, or Chat options.