The Mountain Road Library is closed Tuesday, October 26 for building maintenance.
Website Accessibility Statement
The Anne Arundel County Public Library is committed to ensuring accessibility to our on-line resources for all people. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Anne Arundel County Public Library takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the AACPL Website:
- Incorporate accessibility considerations into our digital resource design process.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The AACPL Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content may not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the AACPL Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the AACPL Website.
Accessibility of the AACPL Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the AACPL Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the AACPL Website:
- Third-party websites and databases: Our Catalog, Events, FAQs, Meeting Room Reservations, and other library resources are hosted by external sources. We cannot be responsible for the accessibility of external websites. Please contact us at https://askus.aacpl.net if you encounter an accessibility issue with any of our websites.
- Closed Captioning on videos: Some longer videos may not have closed captioning. We will provide a transcript of the video in these cases.
- Portable Document Format (PDF) documents: Some older PDFs may not be fully accessible to screen readers. We are reviewing older non-HTML documents for accessibility. Please contact us at https://askus.aacpl.net if you encounter an accessibility issue with any of our PDF documents.
- Some images: Occasionally some images may be uploaded without alternative text added. If you find an image without alternate text, please contact us and we will correct the problem.
Anne Arundel County Public Library self-assesses the accessibility of the AACPL Website using tools provided by Adobe (Adobe Acrobat accessibility reporting tool), WebAIM's WAVE tool and contrast checker.
This statement was created on 15 July 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.