Do you live, work, attend school or own property in Maryland? If so you’re eligible to apply for a free Anne Arundel County Public Library card.
- Fill out the online form and get a temporary library card number, which will allow you to access digital content for 60 days or until you get a permanent library card.
Apply In Person
- Fill out a library card application at any Anne Arundel County Public Library Location. You will have to provide valid identification.
- Download a print version of our library card application and bring the completed form with valid identification to any Anne Arundel County Public Library location. (English/Spanish Print Application).
What kind of Identification is needed to get a library card?
Photo identification that establishes identity and proof of a Maryland address.
- To establish identity, you must present any one of the following credentials. The credential must be current (unexpired) and have a permanently affixed photograph.
- U.S. or foreign state driver’s license
- Government- or employer-issued identification card
- Student identification card
- Passport or consular identification card
- To establish residential address, you must present any one of the following items (electronic versions are acceptable):
- An identity credential showing a residential address
- Current lease or rental agreement
- Voter registration
- Utility, telephone, credit card, or bank statement
- Vehicle registration card or title
- Pay stub issued within the past 30 days
- First-class mail postmarked within the past 30 days
A Maryland issued driver's license or Maryland issued identification card with current address would satisfy identity and proof of Maryland address.