Vision and Mission
Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) expands life’s possibilities by sharing resources for knowledge, entertainment and community engagement. We provide discovery tools and innovative spaces to expand minds and create learning opportunities from early childhood through adulthood.
Through our comprehensive offering of educational programs, services and helpful staff, AACPL is working to fulfill its mission to educate, to enrich and to inspire all members of the community.
AACPL’s core values serve as the principles that guide our daily work and help us to plan the library’s operations, functions and service to our customers. These values include:
- Commitment: We work with passion and resilience, dedicated to our personal best.
- Compassion: We are empathetic, patient and kind.
- Diversity: We celebrate the variety of backgrounds and experiences in our community and staff, treating everyone with respect. Antiracism/Equity Statement
- Empowerment: We foster a community of learning and growth for people of all ages.
- Informed decision-making: We listen and are responsive to our community and staff.
- Innovation: We encourage creativity, exploration and a sense of adventure.
- Integrity: We are honest, transparent and accountable.
- Teamwork: We work together in a spirit of cooperation.