AACPL’s core values serve as the principles that guide our daily work and help us to plan the library’s operations, functions and service to our customers. These values include:
- Commitment: We work with passion and resilience, dedicated to our personal best.
- Compassion: We are empathetic, patient and kind.
- Diversity: We celebrate the variety of backgrounds and experiences in our community and staff, treating everyone with respect. Antiracism/Equity Statement
- Empowerment: We foster a community of learning and growth for people of all ages.
- Informed decision-making: We listen and are responsive to our community and staff.
- Innovation: We encourage creativity, exploration and a sense of adventure.
- Integrity: We are honest, transparent and accountable.
- Teamwork: We work together in a spirit of cooperation.
These statements of our Values, Vision, and Purpose are taken from our Strategy 2023. This document serves as our roadmap to respond to our customers’ and community’s needs and expectations for library services.