Marina is an online catalog of materials owned by all the public libraries in Maryland. Customers can search for and request many of these items themselves, or a Library staff member can assist.
Having trouble finding what you need? Search other public libraries for materials that aren't available in our collection and have them sent through Marina or interlibrary loan to your branch for checkout.
- Go to Marina [link to: https://marina.relais-host.com/user/login.html?dest=discovery&LS=ANNE].
- Enter your library card number (do not use spaces between the numbers).
- Type your search terms and press "enter."
- From the results, select the desired title. Choose an item that does not show ANNE (the Marina abbreviation for AACPL) as a supplier.
- The detailed results will show if there are copies of the title available from a library in the Marina system.
- Select a pickup location and click "Request."
- Use the notes field to convey a specific deadline if applicable. If you need the material in two weeks or less, speak with a staff member at any library about your request.
To check the status of a Marina request:
- Log in to Marina
- Select My Account at the top of the Marina screen to view a list of requests made
- Click on a request number to check the status, which will be listed as one of the following:
Submitted: Your request has been received but no action has been taken
In Process: The owning library is processing your request
Shipped: The item has been sent but has not yet reached the library
On Loan: The item is available for pickup
Complete: The item has been returned to the loaning library
Unfilled: The item is unavailable through Marina
- Close the status window to return to the search and request screen
Marina loans will renew automatically twice unless the item is from outside of Maryland, there are holds on the item or you have overdue items.
To cancel a Marina request or if you have not received a pickup notification after two weeks from the request date, contact any branch in person or by phone or email.
There is a $0.30, daily fine charged for each day an item is overdue, excluding Sundays, library holidays and system-wide closures. The maximum fine amount $15.00.
No luck searching Marina? Is your Marina request unfilled? Try Interlibrary Loan.
To search nationwide for your item if it is unavailable via Marina, connect with a library staff member in person or by phone, or place a new request by using the Email a Librarian service and select yes to the question, "I have previously submitted this request and was notified that it is unavailable in Marina."