- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) is an online education service presented by LinkedIn that can help you learn technology, creative, and business skills.
- Udemy offers over 4000 courses in the areas of business, tech, and personal development.
- Mango Languages is an easy to access program that allows you to learn a new language on your own time.
- Brainfuse offers online academic services designed to support many learning needs and styles. These services include: live tutoring, skills building, and much more.
- O'Reilly for Public Libraries (formerly Safari Books) offers eBooks on technical topics from a range of publishers including programming, certification training, and specific software applications.
Wireless printing is available to all users by setting up a free account with SmartAlec. Wirless printing is currently free. Customers are limited to 10 black and white pages per day.
Thanks to generous donations to the Library Foundation, the library offers hotspots, Chromebooks, and C•Pen readers for checkout.
Self-service kiosks are available at most library locations to copy, print, scan, and fax.
Customers may print up to 10 black and white pages a day at no cost.
Please visit our Printing Policy page for faxing and other printing costs.
Chromebooks and wifi are now available at a time when people without internet access need it the most. Use a Chromebook and wifi hotspot to:
- Connect the Chromebook to the internet using the hotspot
- Use the hotspot to put up to 10 wifi enabled devices online simultaneously
- Access or save files on a USB drive
- Access or save files to your Google, Microsoft, iCloud or other online account.
All public library computers are equipped with Windows Narrator screen reader software, and Windows Magnifier text-enlarging software.
3D printing is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Use AACPL Checkout using your phone or tablet for contactless service.
Don't have a mobile device? Library self-checkout stations are available at all locations. Video: How to use Self-Checkout Stations.
AACPL Checkout is the easiest way to checkout library books, magazines, DVDs and more from your Anne Arundel County Public Library. AACPL Checkout is available for download for all iOS, and Android devices.
Don't have a mobile device? Use one of our Self Checkout Stations in our libraries (How-to video).
Using the AACPL Checkout App
- Make sure you are connected to the WiFi network in the library
- Touch START at the welcome screen
- Scan or enter your library card number and pin when prompted
- Use the "+" button at the top of the checkout screen to checkout library items.
- Tips: Fit the entire barcode in the viewfinder. Hold your phone about 6" away from the barcode and hold the phone steady. Give the camera time to focus. Tilt the phone to avoid glare on the barcode. Use flash in low light.
- Ask library staff for help if needed.