School may have ended for the summer but learning never should. Keep the students in your life engaged and avoid the summer slide with help from the library.
We host hundreds of events for all ages every month:
- Attend Summer @ Your Library signature events, featuring live animals, magic, music and more
- Explore STEM with special programs at the library
- Engage your creative side with building and crafting activities
"There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all." — Jacqueline Kennedy
Here at the library, we love to brag on all of the benefits of reading. Summer is a perfect time to:
- Join a book club for kids or teens
- Explore the titles recommended on the Anne Arundel County Public Schools suggested reading lists
- Work your way toward prizes with our Summer Reading Challenge
We have thousands of titles to choose from. Want to try fiction or nonfiction? Ever tried a graphic novel? Prefer to listen to an audiobook? There are options for every reader. Check out the book recommendations page or visit our knowledgeable staff for personalized help.
Need help with something specific? Brainfuse, one of our online homework help and tutoring services, isn’t just for the school year.
- Brush up on skills with the “summer camp” lessons organized by grade and subject
- Keep practicing with the Language Lab (currently available in Spanish)
- Take advantage of live chess tutoring
Learn about local history with free passes to local historical attractions.