As part of AACPL's commitment to help close the digital divide, through a grant provided by Anne Arundel County and the State of Maryland, we are proud to participate in a free Chromebook giveaway for eligible Anne Arundel County residents. Distribution events will be held starting in January 2024.
To determine if you are eligible to receive a Chromebook, please see the How to Qualify section below. If you qualify, please register for an available timeslot at one of the upcoming events. New events and timeslots will be posted on a rolling basis. To receive your Chromebook, you must bring all required documentation. Appointments are expected to last approximately 15 minutes. Further information about the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and other library services will also be available at these events.
How to Qualify
One Chromebook may go to each household/address if the resident is 18 years or older, an Anne Arundel County resident, and qualifies as a low-income household. The following criteria can be used to certify eligible low-income households:
- Documentation from a government source of current household income below 200% of the federal poverty level (relative to household size)
- $30,120 for a household of 1
- $40,880 for a household of 2
- $51,640 for a household of 3
- $62,400 for a household of 4
- Or $10,760 more for each additional household member
- Proof of current enrollment or participation in approved government assistance programs, such as:
- Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Medicaid (Please bring documentation confirming you have current benefits or a screenshot of your online portal)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
What to Bring
To verify the identity and residency, AACPL will also collect proof of identity and proof of address.
Accepted proof of Identification:
- U.S. or foreign state driver’s license
- Government-issued ID: Military, Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Department of Corrections, or Certificate of Citizenship/Naturalization
- Student Identification Card
- Employee Identification Card
Proof of Anne Arundel County residency can include (documents must be current):
- Rental lease
- County tax bill
- Current pay stub
- Vehicle registration
- Maryland voter's registration card
- Postmarked official mail (such as a utility bill)
Documentation from one of the qualifying programs listed in the "How to Qualify" section above
What If I Don't Get a Device?
AACPL lends out a limited number of Chromebook Kits. For more information, please visit our Chromebook Kit information page.