August is upon us, and a new school year is just around the corner. Students are getting ready, packing their backpacks to head back to school. Anne Arundel County Public Library is here to support you and make the transition into the classroom smoother. Whether you prefer physical or digital resources, the library offers plenty of options to load up your backpack.
From homework assistance and language learning to accessing reading materials and more, the library has your back. Exclusive resources like SAIL support students and educators alike! Get ready to excel in the new academic year with AACPL by your side.
To support an early learner's journey toward becoming successful lifelong learners, Young Learners offers a wealth of resources.
- Dive into the world of Tumblebooks, an online collection of animated picture books specially curated for children.
- Explore the realm of animals, science and the ecosystem through articles on National Geographic Kids.
- Engage young learners with SAIL by accessing Gale's database with enriching lessons.
You can also check out our Kindergarten Readiness program page to access even more resources for younger learners.
Explore the vast resources available at our Student Center. Easily access exclusive resources the library offers, including:
- Through Gale in Context, easily access a variety of articles, journals and essays on subjects like mathematics, science, language arts, social studies and more.
- Brainfuse offers live assistance from online tutors covering every subject to help you enhance your skills and complete your homework stress-free.
- Take the anxiety out of test-taking with Peterson's Test and Career Prep.
- Beyond academic resources, we also offer materials for practicing your MVA permit test.
Your library card gives you exclusive access to all of these websites to keep you well ahead of your classes.
Have you decided to enroll in a new language class this year? Do you have a student involved in a foreign exchange program, and you'd love to communicate with them in their native language? Are you learning English and looking to enhance your language skills? AACPL offers content on Language Learning that can help you achieve your language goals. Explore programs that offer conversational skills for over 70 languages and even American Sign Language.
With a little dedication and our comprehensive resources, you'll be conversing in a new language in no time, or at least passing your Spanish class. Whatever your language needs are, we have the resources for anyone of any age.
Teachers play a vital role in shaping our educational journey, and discovering the right resources for young minds can sometimes be challenging. Be sure to visit Educator's Resources to see how the library can help you during the school year. As educators, you have the advantage of the Educator's library card, providing access to a constantly updated array of books to enrich your curriculum. Create temporary classroom collections to support specific lessons and foster a culture of reading in your classroom with the card's extended check-out limitations.
- Learn about SAIL accounts for your students.
- Take advantage of Kanopy, offering hundreds of films with public performance rights that can be shown in the classroom.
- Find tutors from the Teacher's Association via TAAAC.
Let the library take on some of the workload, allowing you to concentrate on delivering your lessons with confidence. AACPL takes pride in supporting lifelong learners, and we are thrilled to assist you every step of the way.
With your library card in hand, nothing can get in the way of your learning.
Published August 22, 2023