Anne Arundel County Public Library offers Educator's Library Cards to provide books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDS for the benefit of students who live in the county. It allows teachers to supplement their curriculum with an abundant, ever-changing supply of books on a range of subjects and reading levels. Teachers can create temporary classroom collections as well as encourage reading in the classroom.
Educators working in Anne Arundel County including:
- college professors or instructors,
- media specialist/librarians,
- licensed childcare providers, homeschool parents, guardians
Anne Arundel County residents who serve students outside of the county are not eligible while educators who work in Anne Arundel County but who live in another county are eligible for a card.
Educators can apply in person at any of our library locations. Applicants must provide a driver's license or another valid form of identification; as well as proof of current teaching assignment.
Acceptable proof includes:
- Work ID or letter on school letterhead, which includes the name of the teacher applying for the educator's library card, dated for the current school year and signed by the principal of the school.
- College instructors must provide a contract and work ID.
- Licensed daycare providers must provide a State of Maryland Child Care Certificate.
- Registered home school parents/guardians are also eligible for this service and must provide current written proof of verification from the Anne Arundel County Home School Office or home school network. They must also be a resident of Anne Arundel County.
Yes. The Educator's Library Card must be renewed at the beginning of each school year and will expire yearly on August 31 regardless of when the card was obtained the previous school year. All outstanding fines and fees must be paid on the educator's and personal library card before it will be renewed.
Applying educators must also have a personal Anne Arundel County library card, without any outstanding fines, in order to keep personal borrowing needs separate from the items borrowed for the classroom. Customers can apply for the personal and Educator's Library Card on the same day.
The Educator's Library Card is to be used for classroom-related materials only. Entertainment DVD's, 7-day Express Material, PlayAway Views, PlayAway Launch Pads, Londontown and Garden Family Passes, and MARINA/OCLC material cannot be checked out on an educator's card.
You are allowed to check out 99 items which will circulate for 6-weeks with an Educator's Library Card. Materials may be renewed twice for an additional 6-week period.
All overdue materials must be returned or renewed before other materials may be checked out. Fines for overdue materials will not be charged to the Educator's Library Card. Customers will be responsible for collection agency fees and fees associated with lost and damaged materials borrowed with this library card.
Invite the library to visit or speak at your school or community event.
We are happy to be a guest reader, provide an information table, attend back to School Nights, visit a class or club, and more.