The Linthicum Library will be closed from Monday, October 26 through Wednesday, November 4 for HVAC replacement.
Building the Michael E. Busch Annapolis Library
We are excited to finally open the Michael E. Busch Annapolis Library! Take a look through these photos of this incredible brand-new 32,400 square foot building with wonderful features including a vending café, Makerspace, tech zone and teen area, expanded children’s area and outdoor play space, six collaboration spaces, two meeting rooms, and more. (some library features may be unavailable to use at opening).
A very special thank you to the Library Foundation and the generous donors who have made this and all of our library locations amazing spaces to educate, to enrich, and to inspire our communities. Donations to the Library Foundation make #YourLibraryBetter!
Michael E. Busch Annapolis Library Facts
BY THE NUMBERS
- 1 conference room (capacity 35)
- 2 external book drops
- 2 meeting rooms (capacity 509)
- 4.8 acre campus
- 5 vehicle charging stations
- 6 collaboration rooms (capacity 4-6)
- 21 glulam beams
- 34 computers
- 222 individually programmed electro-chromic windows
- 1575 donated engraved bricks
- 32500 sq. ft. building
- 85,000 print books & materials
- 3D printer
- Club 1117 teen area
- Community living room
- Digitized nautical map - Chesapeake Bay
- Geothermal heating & cooling
- Maryland Room
- Outdoor play space
- Tech zone
- Wall hangings: George Washington's resignation speech; poem by Vincent Godfrey Burns, former Poet Laureate of Maryland (1965)
Some library features may be unavailable to use at opening.