All library locations will be closed through May 3 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information.
Get a Library Card
Do you live, work, attend school or own property in Maryland? If so you’re eligible to apply for a free Anne Arundel County Public Library card.
Apply In Person
- Visit any Anne Arundel County Public Library Location to apply for a card. You will have to provide valid identification.
- AACPS students or participating private school students, learn about SAIL.
- Educators working in Anne Arundel County, including homeschool parents, learn about our educator's card.
What kind of Identification is needed to get a library card?
Present any one of the following photo identification credentials:
- U.S. or foreign state driver’s license
- Government-issued ID: Military, Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Department of Corrections, or Certificate of Citizenship/Naturalization
- Student Identification Card
- Employee Identification Card
Educator’s library cards expire annually; all other library cards will expire after two years of inactivity. If your card has expired, please visit any Anne Arundel County Public Library branch in person, with identification that has your current address.