Apply for your library card online and get a virtual library card good for 60 days.
With your virtual library card number and PIN, you will immediately be able to:
- Checkout eBooks and audiobooks*
- Access our premium resources
- Place holds on items Please be sure to provide an email address and/or phone number to be notified when your holds become available.
Before your virtual card expires:
- Go in person to any Anne Arundel County Public Library Location
Bring your photo ID and proof of current address.
For your photo ID, please present any one of the following credentials. The credential must be current (unexpired) and have a permanently affixed photograph.
- U.S. or foreign state driver’s license
- Government- or employer-issued identification card
- Student identification card
- Passport or consular identification card
For proof of address, please present any one of the following items (electronic versions are acceptable):
- An identity credential showing a residential address
- Current lease or rental agreementVoter registration
- Utility, telephone, credit card, or bank statement
- Vehicle registration card or title
- Pay stub issued within the past 30 days
- First-class mail postmarked within the past 30 days
- For your photo ID, please present any one of the following credentials. The credential must be current (unexpired) and have a permanently affixed photograph.
*Please note If you place holds on Overdrive (Ebooks and Audiobooks) with your temporary library card number, they will be lost when you get your permanent card, unless you contact Overdrive to have the items switched to your permanent library card number.