Computers & More: Technology Services
Computers are available at all library locations. You may use a computer at no cost for one hour at a time. If no computer is available, a wait list may form.
All public library computers offer Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint, as well as Internet access.
Did you know that you can check out library materials using your phone? Try AACPL Checkout, a mobile app that lets you borrow library materials from one of our 16 library locations using your phone or tablet.
Self-service kiosks are available at most library locations to copy, print, scan, and fax.
- Printing or photocopying costs $.20 per page for black-and-white or $1.00 per page for color.
- Faxes may be transmitted only within the United States at a cost of $1.00 per page plus a connection fee of $1.00 per transmission. The Library cannot accept incoming faxes.
- Scanning is available at no cost.
- Lynda.com is an online education service that can help you learn technology, creative, and business skills that will help you achieve your goals.
- Rosetta Stone Library Solution is an effective, easy-to-use program that allows you to learn a new language on your own time.
- Brainfuse offers online academic services designed to support many learning needs and styles. These services include: live tutoring, skills building, and much more.
- Safari Books offers eBooks on technical topics from a range of publishers including programming, certification training, and specific software applications.
Thanks to a generous donation to the Library Foundation, the library will be piloting a wifi hotspot lending program at our Eastport-Annapolis Neck location. A wifi hotspot is a small device that allows you to connect your computer/phone/Roku, etc. to the internet.